Analysis and Damage Assessment.
are an unfortunate fact of life. Successful companies
stand out in their positive approach to understanding
the events leading to failures and the underlying causes
so as to learn and prevent reoccurrence. Investigation
of failure is important where claims for compensation
are involved, where a product's fitness for purpose is
in doubt, and to give clients confidence in their future
Our number one specialty is metallurgical and materials
Revealing failure origins and causes to the experienced
eye requires accurate and insightful forensic analysis
because answers usually are not readily apparent from
normal visual examination of the physical evidence.
Did the pipe break due to
corrosion or erosion?
* Was the fracture the cause or result of the
* Was failure due to overload or years of normal use?
* Is the material or weld quality to standard?
* What is the condition of our main steam line?
* How many years can we expect from our superheater
* What damaged caused the fire?
* What material is the best to use for the application?
* Does the material comply to the required
initiated the fracture?
* Was the fracture slowly developing or sudden
* Is there
* What is the probability and
consequences of the failure?
Knowing the answers to these questions can make the
Contact us for
the most dependable metallurgical forensic engineering
We offer third party evaluation that is independent and
one that provides confidential, uncompromised
and unbiased reporting, trusted by all parties involved.
After determining the cause of failure, we will work
with you on corrective action and make appropriate
recommendations to solve the problem.
Steps for failure